Gault Site ( Texas) Finds Dated to 16k YBP

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Gault Site ( Texas) Finds Dated to 16k YBP

Postby Minimalist » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:51 pm

http://westerndigs.org/16000-year-old-t ... -the-west/

Archaeologists in Texas thought they’d made an important discovery in the 1990s, when they unearthed a trove of stone tools dating back 13,000 years, revealing traces of the oldest widespread culture on the continent.

But then, years later, they made an even more powerful find in the same place — another layer of artifacts that were older still.

About a half-hour north of Austin and a meter deep in water-logged silty clay, researchers have uncovered evidence of human occupation dating back as much as 16,700 years, including fragments of human teeth and more than 90 stone tools.

Keep digging boys. You'll never know what you'll find!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Re: Gault Site ( Texas) Finds Dated to 16k YBP

Postby kbs2244 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:57 am

I like the part where it says "After finding the floor of the Clovis site, they kept digging."
In years past they would have dusted off their hands and said "Well, that is that."
kbs2244

Re: Gault Site ( Texas) Finds Dated to 16k YBP

Postby Minimalist » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:14 pm

Wasn't that precisely the criticism leveled at Al Goodyear, kb? "How DARE you dig deeper!!!!!"
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Return to New World