More Giants

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

More Giants

Postby uniface » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:15 am

uniface

Re: More Giants

Postby kbs2244 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:42 am

Let the games begin.....
kbs2244

Postby Tiompan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:49 am

The ever reliable Epoch Times comes up trumps again .

Russel Dement ,the anthropologist ? mmmm

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/claim ... ca-ecuador
Tiompan

Postby Minimalist » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:00 pm

You don't mean to say that

do you?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby circumspice » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:36 pm

:lol:

Being 7 feet tall does not mean a person is a giant.

Take a look at NBA players. They're not afflicted with gigantism. They're not pituitary giants. They're simply tall people. Duh.
LUCEO NON URO
circumspice

Postby E.P. Grondine » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Funny how no one talks much about the little people - such as Ocanachee or Yuchi.

But while we're on the topic, in the 1892-93 Bureau of Ethnology report,
there is a translation of an account of Coronado's expedition.
It mentions giant in north west Mexico, who were both cannibals and sodomites.

No one ever considers that some peoples may have just harvested pituitary glands with HGH
and fed them to children.

That would interfere with their fantasies.

ON the other hand,
Becker out of U Penn has published on Andaste height.
And it is pretty clear that that was genetically based.
Usually people believe what they want to believe until reality intrudes.
E.P. Grondine

Postby kbs2244 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:31 pm

I find your mention of "little people" most interesting.
They are talked of even less that giants.
But there is historical evidence of entire graveyards of them

Anthropological Institute, Journal, 6:100, 1876.

An ancient graveyard of vast proportions has been found in Coffee county. It is similiar to those found in White county and other places in middle Tennessee, but is vastly more extensive, and shows that the race of pygmies who once inhabited this country were very numerous. The same peculiarities of position Observed in the White county graves are found in these. The writer of the letter says: "Some considerable excitement and curiousity took place a few days since, near Hillsboro, Coffee county, on James Brown's farm. A man was ploughing in a field which had been cultivated many years, and ploughed up a man's skull and other bones. After making further examination they found that there were about six acres in the graveyard. They were buried in a sitting or standing position. The bones show that they were a dwarf tribe of people, about three feet high. It is estimated that there were about 75,000 to 100,000 buried there. This shows that this country was inhabited hundreds of years ago."

Further west, I belive Louis and Clark took a deture to check out (un-successfully, due to time) the accounts by the local Indians of the location of a camp of them.

Small bows and arrows (12 inch) have been found but are dismissed as "children’s toys."

Another “it dosn’t fit so it cannot be true” story.
kbs2244

Postby Tiompan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Or maybe there is more to a fanciful explanation .
https://www.academia.edu/5153675/Tennes ... n_Country_
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:43 am

Well George, you can't believe everything you read.

(For example, I've read a lot about myself that is absolutely vicious slanderous lies.
It comes with the territory.
Here in Kempton they usually refer to President Obama as"that nigger".)

But you can believe some things you read, in particular eyewitness accounts by early European colonists, and reports by physical anthropologists.

There is a report of a graveyard of pygmies over at Coshocton, Ohio.

If you look at the anomalous Cherokee DNA, I am pretty certain that you are looking at the Pedra Furada population moving north.

But again. since they were not "giants", no one cares.
I see there are about 5 books on giants over at epoch times.
I suspect that most of them ripped off me or Vine Deloria (via Ross Hamilton).

Graham Hancock has now entered the comet impact market.
My apologies to Randall Carlson, who has been researching this for years, though I don't know yet if his work is any good.

I'm sure Dr. Morrison will have a field day, given Hancock's earlier works.
But I am sure that the field of research into recent impacts will survive.

Thanks for letting me share.
Be sure to read my piece on Richard Kieninger and theosophist cult archaeology.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Minimalist » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Say, George, if you catch a Tennessee pygmy does he have to give you his pot of gold?

I mean, if you know. Don't waste your time looking it up or anything. I'm not into the pygmy catching habit anyway.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby uniface » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:21 pm

No comment on the Cherokees, I guess.
I wonder why.

Anyhow,

Paracas is located in the Pisco Province in the Inca Region on the Southern coast of Peru. Home of the ground breaking discovery in 1928 by Julio Tello of a massive graveyard containing tombs filled with the remains of individuals with elongated skulls, now known as the famous Paracas Skulls.

They are approximately 3000 years old, and initial DNA analysis of them has revealed that they may not have come from humans, but from a completely new species, according to Paracas Museum assistant director, researcher and author Brien Foerster. Here is the apparent quote from the geneticist who did the testing

“Whatever the sample labeled 3A has came from – it had mtDNA with mutations unknown in any human, primate or animal known so far. The data are very sketchy though and a LOT of sequencing still needs to be done to recover the complete mtDNA sequence. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample 3A indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans. I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree. The question is if they were so different, they could not interbreed with humans. Breeding within their small population. they may have degenerated due to inbreeding. That would explain buried children – they were either low or not viable”

It’s always been thought that the skulls were a result of cranial deformation, where the head is bound or flattened to achieve the shape. Many authors state that the time period to perform this shaping was approximately 6 months to 3 years, but the practice is no longer performed, which makes it hard to really know. According to Forester:

“From the doctors that I have spoken to, they have said that you can alter the shape of the skull but you cannot increase the size of the skull. The skull is genetically predetermined to have a certain volume.”

This is why these skulls are such a mystery, because of their cranial volume, which in some cases is 2.5 times larger than a conventional human skull. Again, it’s well known that cranial deformation changes the shape of the skull, it’s been done by ancient cultures before by binding the head between two pieces of wood, or binding in cloth, but this does not change the volume and cause elongation like we see with the Paracas skulls.

“As I have said, deformation can alter shape, but not the volume of bone material, and certainly not twice as much. We are dealing with 2 different phenomena: elongation through binding, and elongation via genetics. The Paracas skulls are the largest found in the world, but from what root race stock would they have originated? To suggest that natural elongation was the result of hydrocephaly or some other clinical condition is ridiculous.”

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... or-animal/
uniface

Postby uniface » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Further:

Brien Foerster has just revealed the preliminary results of the analysis. He reports on the geneticist's findings:

It had mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans.

The implications are of course huge. “I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree.”

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-evo ... incredible
uniface

Postby Tiompan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:15 pm

apologies if there has been linked to earlier .
https://badarchaeology.wordpress.com/ta ... -foerster/
Tiompan

Postby Minimalist » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:24 am

Enter David Hatcher Childress, a well known promoter of some very Bad Archaeology indeed. In a 2012 book, The Enigma of Cranial Deformation: Elongated Skulls of the Ancients, co-written with Brien Foerster (described as a “Canadian-Peruvian anthropologist” by Amazon, although it would be more accurate to describe him as a tour operator)

:lol:

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby E.P. Grondine » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:32 am

David's friend Steve Garcia paid for the first DNA tests.

I doubt if they'll hold up for uncontaminated samples.

I'm still waiting for my piece on the Theosophist Cult Archaeology industry to become required reading.
Let me know when you catch up.
E.P. Grondine

Next

Return to New World