1 in 5 believes in Ancient Aliens

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

1 in 5 believes in Ancient Aliens

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:51 am

Usually people believe what they want to believe until reality intrudes.
E.P. Grondine

Re: 1 in 5 believes in Ancient Aliens

Postby Minimalist » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:38 pm

A little more than half of the republican party thinks Donald Trump or Ben Carson are "presidential material" so nothing surprises me about American stupidity anymore, E.P.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Cognito » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:55 am

A little more than half of the republican party thinks Donald Trump or Ben Carson are "presidential material" ...

Min, aren't those two aliens? Don't burst my bubble, OK? :shock:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Cognito

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:34 am

Hi min, cog -

I am enjoying viewing events to the north:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPRBDHD6_A

Remember that the Kitscoty astrobleme is located in Canada.

Aside from that, the next impactor headed our way does not care who is the executive in the US.

Whoever is in office, those trying to prevent massive loss of life and great misery will have to deal with them in the spending about $1 billion out of future NASA budgets.

Archaeological budgets are small beer in comparison.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Minimalist » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Cognito wrote:
A little more than half of the republican party thinks Donald Trump or Ben Carson are "presidential material" ...

Min, aren't those two aliens? Don't burst my bubble, OK? :shock:

"Not much of a disguise."
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby shawomet » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 am

Ah, that's nothin...

Never mind the ancient aliens. What about the ones that are still here?!!?

12 million Americans believe reptilian overlords are in control of the US government....

From Public Policy Polling: "Do you believe that shape-shifting reptilian people control our world by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate our societies, or not?"

http://boingboing.net/2013/04/15/12-mil ... eve-l.html

And there are days when I tend to agree, lol, lol....

That's 4% that believe these nasty reptiles have it in for us.
Ya gotta be able to spot 'em, folks!!
Stay vigilant! Is your neighbor a space reptile?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... nt/354496/

They came from outer space, people. And they're in the White House even as we speak! "To Serve Mankind". Don't believe it. It's a cookbook, folks, a cookbook!!

Overthrow the reptilian overlords!!
shawomet

Postby E.P. Grondine » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:10 am

But its the cats, I tell you!
Why don't you heed my warning, fools! :shock:

Disney prepared us for their next arrival.

And they were not only in Egypt:

Can there be any doubt?
They're already here, and have successfully infiltrated our society to the highest levels.

E.P. Grondine

Postby shawomet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Well, it's true, isn't it? You just can't trust a cat!

On...maybe...a more serious note.

Popular culture doesn't turn to academic tomes to brush up on History.

Truthful historical biographies can capture the imagination of the masses. People will always show a fascination for the "great" individuals of history's tapestry.

But, by and large, the field is ripe for leading large numbers of the general populace, by the nose, to understandings of history and science that bear little, if any, resemblance to the truth of the matter as it's been ascertained to date. Drum dumb ideas into people's heads week after week, year after year, and you too can create parallel universes where visitors from other galaxies directed the construction of the pyramids of Egypt.

No reason why TV can't be a tool for education. It often is. Not that programming designed to edify and educate is common fare. Unfortunately, what we see instead is programming that contributes to the dumbing down of America. Ancient Aliens probably leads the pack in this race to make fantasy history a narrative to explain the rise of civilization on Earth. It's not alone. It has company on the History Networks.

Educators can only hang their heads in despair at these developments. Of course 1 in 5 now accept the Ancient Astronaut hypothesis. Keep making episodes of Ancient Aliens for years to come, and we can get that figure past 50%, I'm certain. "money talks and bullshit walks"?
Oh, I don't think so. They go hand in hand these days on the History Networks. No, cable TV allows bullshit to take front and center stage. We're long past the search for truth. The truth is boring. History can be recreated as complete fantasy and sold as is these days. What actually happened in the past is unimportant compared to the limitless entertainment value of fantasy history.

That one result of this pop entertainment venue for the presentation of history is the dumbing down of America? That's collateral damage, shrug of the shoulders territory. "Yeah, so? Maybe it was the aliens."

I'd so like to think "this too shall pass". But this is the court of popular opinion and there's $$$ to be had.....
shawomet

Postby E.P. Grondine » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:15 am

First off, I'd like to note that it is very difficult to handle recent impact events in a happy, upbeat, and optimistic way. Period.

I've found myself trapped between the skeptics, guided by Morrison, who insists that cometary impacts did not happen, and the theosophist cult "archaeologists", i.l. promoters.

Aside from the search for easy answers to difficult questions, there is also a spiritual battle involved in this, of which both the general population and these peoples' victims remain entirely ignorant.

Speaking about $$$$, given that 1 in 5 now believe, perhaps my Kieninger piece will now find a market among academics who are fed up with this $#!^.

But based on my previous experience, its likely to be others who see those $$$$.
E.P. Grondine

Postby kbs2244 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:49 am

Clever, unseen in plain sight, I thought Douglas Adams showed us I was the mice, not the cats, that really ran things.
kbs2244

Postby E.P. Grondine » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:40 am

kbs2244 wrote:Clever, unseen in plain sight, I thought Douglas Adams showed us I was the mice, not the cats, that really ran things.

Mice? Close but no cigar.
Clearly, without cats, the domestication of plants could not have proceeded. :wink:

If they're not our alien overlords, or agents sent by them,
how do you explain cats ability to see in the ultra-violet range?
Clearly cats evolved on an alien world where UV predominated.
Further, notice cats attunement to one of our most advanced technologies, the laser.
While we have just developed lasers,
clearly cats have been around them for a long, long time.
How do you explain that?
And the cats close association with witches?
(Personally, for that one I note that cats climb into older women's laps and purr.)

No, its cats, I tell you.
I just need to put together a video, "Ancient Alien Cats" to spread the warning. :wink:
(and to make some $$$$)
Has any of the "arkies" spoken about this?
We're being lied to. :twisted:
E.P. Grondine

Return to New World