Time For Some Real Archaeology

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Time For Some Real Archaeology

Postby Minimalist » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 am

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/archaeologists-used-light-detection-and-ranging-technique-to-discover-fabled-lost-city-in-honduras/

Archaeologists used Light Detection and Ranging technique to discover fabled lost city in Honduras

An expedition team of scientists and archeologists has unearthed the ruins of an ancient civilization in a part of the Honduran jungle that’s being described as the most undisturbed tract of rainforest in Central America.

After centuries of lore that promulgated the idea of a lost El Dorado teeming with untold riches deep within the Honduran rainforest, a team of archeologists, engineers and anthropologists claims to have discovered the fabled location of the City of the Monkey God or The White City, where people worshipped a monkey god and from which visitors never returned.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Re: Time For Some Real Archaeology

Postby uniface » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:49 pm

from which visitors never returned.

Sounds pretty ominous. :(
uniface

Postby Minimalist » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Monkey god.....Monkey god....where have I heard that before?

Oh, yeah.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby uniface » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:03 am

Today, we call them "politicians."

Same deal either way.
uniface

Return to New World