nom nom .........the paleo diet

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

nom nom .........the paleo diet

Postby Ernie L » Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 pm

nom nom ..........a variation of Yum Yum I guess (shrug)
http://nomnompaleo.com/

the rebuttal ........sort of http://hells-ditch.com/2012/08/archaeol ... aleo-diet/
the bottom line

Summing up what many considered to be the main point of the entire conference, she( Dr. Hoyes ) told reporters:

“Look, the diet itself is sound; it’s the philosophy that’s bullshit. Eat what you want. Just leave the damn cavemen out of it.”
Regards Ernie
User avatar
Ernie L
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: nom nom .........the paleo diet

Postby circumspice » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:48 am

Ernie L wrote:
the rebuttal ........sort of http://hells-ditch.com/2012/08/archaeol ... aleo-diet/
the bottom line

Summing up what many considered to be the main point of the entire conference, she( Dr. Hoyes ) told reporters:

“Look, the diet itself is sound; it’s the philosophy that’s bullshit. Eat what you want. Just leave the damn cavemen out of it.”



You didn't realize that this was a parody article from the Onion?
"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
User avatar
circumspice
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: nom nom .........the paleo diet

Postby Ernie L » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 am

circumspice wrote:
Ernie L wrote:
the rebuttal ........sort of http://hells-ditch.com/2012/08/archaeol ... aleo-diet/
the bottom line

Summing up what many considered to be the main point of the entire conference, she( Dr. Hoyes ) told reporters:

“Look, the diet itself is sound; it’s the philosophy that’s bullshit. Eat what you want. Just leave the damn cavemen out of it.”



You didn't realize that this was a parody article from the Onion?


I did a search of the onion site..no results for paleo diet...show me please
I'm aware of the dangers involved in making assumptions. ..well most of the time.

Inspector Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
Hotel Clerk: No.
Inspector Clouseau: [bowing down to pet the dog] Nice doggie.
[Dog barks and bites Clouseau in the hand]
Inspector Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.
Regards Ernie
User avatar
Ernie L
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: nom nom .........the paleo diet

Postby circumspice » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Ernie L wrote:
circumspice wrote:
Ernie L wrote:
the rebuttal ........sort of http://hells-ditch.com/2012/08/archaeol ... aleo-diet/
the bottom line

Summing up what many considered to be the main point of the entire conference, she( Dr. Hoyes ) told reporters:

“Look, the diet itself is sound; it’s the philosophy that’s bullshit. Eat what you want. Just leave the damn cavemen out of it.”



You didn't realize that this was a parody article from the Onion?


I did a search of the onion site..no results for paleo diet...show me please
I'm aware of the dangers involved in making assumptions. ..well most of the time.

Inspector Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
Hotel Clerk: No.
Inspector Clouseau: [bowing down to pet the dog] Nice doggie.
[Dog barks and bites Clouseau in the hand]
Inspector Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.


My bad, sort of. I was merely paraphrasing what several commenters stated & got it wrong.

However, this is a satirical or parody type article. A spoof.

The first clue would be the tags directly below the headline:

Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over “Paleo Diet”
2012 AUGUST 6
tags: archaeology, paleo diet, ridiculousness
by Paul D Zimmer

The second clue would be that no institutions are mentioned, except the ficticious Ardipithecus Institute.

The third clue would be that when googling the names of the four persons 'quoted', none of them seem to be real. All references to these people lead only to this article.

http://www.metafilter.com/128625/You-sa ... y-Patahleo
"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
User avatar
circumspice
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: nom nom .........the paleo diet

Postby circumspice » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Inspector Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
Hotel Clerk: No.
Inspector Clouseau: [bowing down to pet the dog] Nice doggie.
[Dog barks and bites Clouseau in the hand]
Inspector Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.


BTW, this is my all time favorite quote from the Pink Panther movies. :lol:
"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
User avatar
circumspice
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm


Return to The 'Everything Else' Forum.....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests