Fingerprints of the Gods - Book Review

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Postby Digit » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:41 pm

I wish somebody would hurry up and find Atlantis then TV could find something else to talk about, hopefully not the Titanic again though.
Digit

Postby Minimalist » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Perhaps the Titanic hit Atlantis?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:53 pm

I wish there was an Atlantis. I wish there was a Santa Claus too. I guess I've been a bad fella.

Atlantis would solve all the questions. The mysteries that we talk about are unfathomable, anomalous, and right now unsolvable. The only sensible thing to do though is keep looking and don't give it all up by selling out to something like an Atlantis theory.

A person can look at our history through a hyperdiffusionist lens without going there.
Beagle

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:34 pm

We've got to cover the chapter about the Saharan climate in the early Holocene period, but I've obviously been caught up with the statement that J.A. West made about that land bridge.

I have a lot more checking to do. Anybody with Google Earth should take a look at the island chain composed of Malta, Gozo, etc. The elevation meter will also work as a negative reader, but not very accurately I don't think.

But I'm not finding a spot that wouldn't be above sea level at that time.
That would open up a new bag of worms.
Beagle

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:55 pm

Min, I'll take a short break. 8)
Beagle

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:46 pm

Min, I was about to give you a shout, but then, I figure what the hell, we've got about 20 years minimum to finish this. No rush.

Maybe some tomorrow. 8)
Beagle

Postby Minimalist » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:13 pm

I wonder how many pages we'll be up to.

Okay. I have to put some time in on my other project. What the hell time is it in Warsaw?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:22 pm

I don't know Min, but you're probably late. If that guy is the time fanatic you described to me - I think you've flunked. :lol:

PAGES?........WE DON"T CARE "BOUT NO STINKING PAGES!!
Beagle

Postby Forum Monk » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Beagle, Cognito and anyone else interested

I found this link http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Add-on:Sea_Level
which allows you to visualize the sea level on google earth at the time of the ice age (120m lower) and if the all the ice melts in Greenland and Antartica (80m. higher). I'm downloading it now (53mbytes) so have'nt had a chance to review it yet.

Might be the very thing you were looking for.

:wink:
Forum Monk

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm

I'm positive that this won't give me the picture that I saw earlier today. The first reason is that I think I've seen it before.

The second reason is obvious. :lol:
Beagle

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:00 pm

How're we doing Monk? I'm not getting anything but the UK.
Beagle

Postby Forum Monk » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:09 pm

arrrgh
I've got the med. but ... I screwed something up. I'll work on it tomorrow.
Sorry.
Forum Monk

Postby Beagle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:09 pm

Monk, I'm sorry, I'm not getting anything. I'm heading for the barn. I might check back later - definately tomorrow.

You're a good fellow Monk. I don't understand you're choice of friends, and it's none of my business. There is no secret about what is going on in this forum. We've seen it before. This too shall pass.

Just don't drink the Koolaid, my friend.
Beagle

Postby marduk » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:07 pm

The second reason is obvious

yep
you never got anything right
ever
thats so obvious
I don't understand you're choice of friends,

maybe if you had some yourself you might
and it's none of my business

so why bring it up on a public forum
hippocrite
There is no secret about what is going on in this forum

errr yeah you mean the way in which its called archaeologica and all you are capable of discussing is pseudo archaeology
This too shall pass

are you leaving ?
:lol:
I would love to have the faith to believe that the Earth was created in seven days but... I have thoughts "Lewis Black"
marduk

Postby Minimalist » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:30 am

Beagle wrote:We've got to cover the chapter about the Saharan climate in the early Holocene period, but I've obviously been caught up with the statement that J.A. West made about that land bridge.

I have a lot more checking to do. Anybody with Google Earth should take a look at the island chain composed of Malta, Gozo, etc. The elevation meter will also work as a negative reader, but not very accurately I don't think.

But I'm not finding a spot that wouldn't be above sea level at that time.
That would open up a new bag of worms.

Back to Saharan climate, then.

Just a quick reference located here; one suspects there are others.

http://www.zeco.com/travel-reports/dayreports.asp?id=139&itid=1399

On the nine-hour return trip to Agadez, we took an alternate route and visited the incredible Dabous Engravings, one of the finest examples of rock art in the Sahara region. Between about 9000 and 4000 BC, the climate in northern Africa was much wetter and the Sahara region was a verdant grassland that supported large numbers of African wildlife species. Nilo-Saharan speaking peoples from northeastern Africa (in the present Sudan) migrated into the Sahara region and brought their domesticated animals with them. The Dabous rock art portrays life-size giraffes in amazing detail along with numerous other species of animals: gazelles, addaxes, baboons, and domesticated, long-horned zebu cattle. Archaeologists have estimated that the engravings were made between 8,000 and 6,000 years ago, near the end of the wet cycle in the Sahara. Between 4000 BC and 2500 BC, the Sahara gradually became drier and converted back into a major desert.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Discussion Forum