10. A dramatic development in the Sahelanthropus story.
9. Both major-party candidates for the 2008 U.S. Presidential election will accept evolution.
8. This year's featured piece of anatomy: the femur.
7. No new hobbits, at least, not from Flores.
6. An incisive example of introgression in East Asia.
5. A viral insertion in the human genome will tell us about a disease of the australopithecines.
4. Another language gene joins FoxP2. No word on whether Neandertals have the human version.
3. Homo habilis: an endangered species?
2. This year, something new from three A's: A. afarensis. A. africanus. Atapuerca.
1. Oh, and one more A. Ardipithecus.
BONUS: A big, big year for Neandertals. I mean, besides the election.
There you have it. I'm not sure which of these is the riskiest, but I'm sure they're more out on a limb than last year!
Hawks' predictions. The article contains the ones he made previously.