Egyptian discovery found in grand canyon suppressed?

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Egyptian discovery found in grand canyon suppressed?

Postby clubs_stink » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Took a while to track the original article down..

anyone else ever heard of this?

http://tinyurl.com/28fm9e

here's some more

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/text/0000tx09x.html
clubs_stink

Postby Minimalist » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:30 pm

I've heard of it but it seems to one of those stories that evaporates upon close scrutiny.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Pippin » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:19 am

Hi

It doesnt really seem likely. The ancient egypts didnt really like to leave Egypt, that is why they never made an impire. Ifthey didnt get buried in Egypt, then they vould lose their afterlife.

Kim
Pippin

Postby kbs2244 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:05 am

Actually, there is some evidence that at different times the Egyptians did enjoy a long trip or two. There are inscriptions and paintings of very seaworthy ships on many tombs and monuments. It seems to depend on the Pharaoh of the moment.

The idea of Egyptians in the Grand Canyon is intriguing. Get any good map of the Canyon, the U S Topo Service ones are great, and you can see all kinds of Egyptian names given places by the early explorers. But all these locations are now “off limits” for visitors. Too dangerous. Even for an expertly lead, and certified expedition. No exceptions.

Lots of room the conspiracy types there.

There is evidence of an Egyptian presence in India and Australia. One fellow even claims to have found rock paintings on the Hudson River palisades just upstream of where the George Washing Bridge crosses the river. Now hidden behind a lot of overgrowth, but it would have been a great billboard location for ships on the river in it’s time.

Of course, this is a “fringe stuff” to the serious historian.
kbs2244

Postby clubs_stink » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:46 am

Pippin wrote:Hi

It doesnt really seem likely. The ancient egypts didnt really like to leave Egypt, that is why they never made an impire. Ifthey didnt get buried in Egypt, then they vould lose their afterlife.

Kim

Ok, but where'd they get their Coke? (seriously, where did they get the coke they snorted?)

I have NO idea about this article which is why I queried..I've read a lot of crazy things...the smithsonian keeping it quite is not so hard to believe...

The interesting thing was the original 1909 article. I don't normally think of the journalists of that day as being National Enquirer types..I mean if he made it up, where the heck did he get such an idea from??

Then, according to Gloria Farley's work it's not such an outlandish idea after all. I'd love to get a copy of that book but it's running upwards of 100 bucks. Grrrr.

As for beliefs being so hard core than an Egyptian could not die anywhere else...people believe all kinds of odd things like that but they still immigrate and travel.

What I do find interesting is that people are starting to poke around that area with that story in mind.
clubs_stink

Postby Digit » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:43 am

Fortunately at my age Clubs I'm not bald so I can tear my hair.
Distance in sea voyages under sail are utterly irrelevant! It's time that was the deciding factor, if you made it from A to B before running out of food and water the distance, assumimg you could even measure it, was not important!
Digit

Postby clubs_stink » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:35 pm

Digit wrote:Fortunately at my age Clubs I'm not bald so I can tear my hair.
Distance in sea voyages under sail are utterly irrelevant! It's time that was the deciding factor, if you made it from A to B before running out of food and water the distance, assumimg you could even measure it, was not important!

I sort of like the principle of luck...like the pilgrim, explorer or pirate ships. Sometimes they made it and sometimes they didn't.

I hardly think the human tendancy to wonder what is "out there" and to try to find it began with Columbus :D

There was something a while back about a roman ship that was discovered sunk off the coast of Argentina (I think it was) and how the gov. burried it and the aritifacts they found (ampules? jugs of some sort) because once the news got out to the ex pat Italians they were demanding citizenship and rights because Italy discovered Argentina before the Spanish did. lol People.
clubs_stink

Postby Minimalist » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:52 pm

if you made it from A to B before running out of food and water the distance, assumimg you could even measure it, was not important!

If Point A was on the West African Coast and Point B was on the NE coast of South America the distance seems highly manageable...especially since you could sail the coast and forage on both sides of the ocean "gap."
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Digit » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:19 pm

To put it into context Min, CC crossed the south Atlantic in a just over a month, he had 3 ships, the slowest would have been the square rigged caravel and that would have been the fleet's speed.
Presumably he chose the caravel for the same reason Cook later chose a Collier, they were handy in shallow waters, and as he was on a voyage of exploration that would have been important.
Caravels were lousy sailers!
They averaged an aspect ratio at the water line of about three and a half, and CC would have been lucky to have averaged 4 knots in slack water.
The Viking trade ship, the Knorr, (no folks, that isn't a brand of frozen food) :roll: had an aspect ratio of about six and would have made the crossing in about half the time.
Despite Brittania's claims to ruling the waves most wooden ships, till the Clippers, were horribly slow. The replica of the Mayflower had a larger wake than the Cunarders! Almost every maritime nation had better designs than Europe!
Digit

Postby clubs_stink » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Minimalist wrote:
if you made it from A to B before running out of food and water the distance, assumimg you could even measure it, was not important!

If Point A was on the West African Coast and Point B was on the NE coast of South America the distance seems highly manageable...especially since you could sail the coast and forage on both sides of the ocean "gap."

My thoughts exactly, it's what I'd do..heck if I came upon a land I'd never seen I'd stop and look...but follow the coast. The ever intrepid human explorer wanting to see more.

Here's one I haven't seen before..but then I am just catching up on the Egyptians in the Grand Canyon~ :D

http://www.dark-truth.org/okt19-2006-12.html
clubs_stink

Postby Digit » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:06 pm

Whenever the subject of space travel is raised it is always the time taken that is the controlling factor Clubs, a Viking Knorr could have made round trips to America in about a month.
Truckers in some parts of the world, as well as seamen, spend longer than that away.
Digit

Postby clubs_stink » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:09 pm

I just keep finding things I have never heard of...
http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_piscovalley.htm

the sat. photos are awesome...and even better is the letter after the first article that mentions some members of the club.

Now I can't say how they got there, or even why, but damm if they aren't awesome to look at.
clubs_stink

Postby clubs_stink » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:11 pm

Digit wrote:Whenever the subject of space travel is raised it is always the time taken that is the controlling factor Clubs, a Viking Knorr could have made round trips to America in about a month.
Truckers in some parts of the world, as well as seamen, spend longer than that away.

Here's some viking stuff...the club has finally accepted they were in Canada..so why is it so hard to imagine they followed the coast line further?

well crap I thought I posted a link,

here's one
http://www.wsd1.org/SargentPark/JrHigh/ ... ikings.htm
Last edited by clubs_stink on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clubs_stink

Postby Digit » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:24 pm

The answer to that Clubs is that people see sailing as a precarious occupation. I am sick of hearing that early sailors crept along the coast lines for example. They did not.
Even in a storm the safest place is at sea, the great fear for sailors was the lee shore.
Even a dismasted ship, if it could maintain steerage, was not in any great danger.
Digit

Postby Minimalist » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:24 pm

CC would have been lucky to have averaged 4 knots in slack water.

He also did not cross at the narrowest point.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Next

Return to Archived Discussion Forum