advice needed

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

advice needed

Postby clubs_stink » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:41 pm

Back again with more nefarious doings...

Advice?

most of you have already read it..so poof...just in case I say too much.
Last edited by clubs_stink on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
clubs_stink

Postby Rokcet Scientist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:13 pm

The seal of Solomon... my, my!
Are you sure this friend of yours isn't quarrying the set of the Indiana Jones movies?
Rokcet Scientist

Postby clubs_stink » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:14 pm

WOW 7 views and no advice (you must really think I'm nutso) ? Come on guys, what would you do?

I might also add that this fellow is a treasure hunter who originally embarked on his expedition to find buried pirate treasure and got more than he bargained for.
clubs_stink

Postby Minimalist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:30 pm

IF he did find some hard proof of Pre columbus activity by Europeans or others, won't THE CLUB try hard to keep it from seeing the light of day or some other nefarious things?

They usually try to kill stuff by ignoring it....or sending out the character assassins to try to equate it to Atlantis or some other such "pseudo-science" (their favorite word.)

This isn't the thing off the Massachusetts coast or something where people dug into a pit only to find the pit flooding because of some alleged booby trap, is it? I saw something on History's Mysteries or something similar about this.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Digit » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:34 pm

For what it's worth Clubs I think I would start with as much film as could be obtained without damaging anything then show it to someone with a vested interest in pre columbian archaeology, Hardaker comes to mind and see what his response is. He might then be able to offer better advise tham I can.
Checking the net will give you a list of other names as more and more people are beginning to accept that Clovis was a late comer.
Digit

Postby Rokcet Scientist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:45 pm

I think your friend is in a catch 22: being a treasure hunter for himself (i.e. personal gain) and not an archaeologist for science (public interest), he has no interest in this going public. Yet publicity would be the best way to open this up, but at the same time reduce your friend's projected profit very considerably.

So, the way I see it your friend would either have to give up most of his projected profit, or wait another 20 years before starting to dig on a moonlit night....

8)
Rokcet Scientist

Postby clubs_stink » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi min,

SO what to do?

LOL no not indiana jones and trust me I would NOT believe it if I had not seen this thing with my own eyes. It is HUGE. The centerpiece alone must weight a ton or more.

poof since most of you have already read it and maybe I say too much
Last edited by clubs_stink on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
clubs_stink

Postby Leona Conner » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:10 pm

For what MO is worth, Digit has the right idea. Your friend should get as much good, clear video as he can and then find anthropologist or archaeologist to look at it. Or head to the nearest university with a good anthropology department and show it to them.
Leona Conner

Postby clubs_stink » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:13 pm

I like the idea of having him contact Chris Hardacker. Treasure hunters are, by their very nature somewhat secretive, and I do admire that he has contacted the archeological board, although I feel it is naive of him. I did send him a link to the Graham Hancock site that has the article by Chris. Having someone like that helping him while he films might just be the ticket to making certain the club cannot suppress it IF it turns out to be something more than pirate treasure (which, if revealed to the state will ensure THEY take most of it anyway.)

DO you think I could possible hook him up with Chris somehow?
clubs_stink

Postby Minimalist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:02 pm

If you are dealing with weapons then a curator at a military museum should be able to help.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby clubs_stink » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Minimalist wrote:If you are dealing with weapons then a curator at a military museum should be able to help.

poof for same reason

If we wanted to play the Sinclair card and make believe that it's not a fairy tale that the story might be true....this site is in the general area..but on the same wave, it is also an area Kidd is supposed to have spent some time.
Last edited by clubs_stink on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
clubs_stink

Postby clubs_stink » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:25 pm

Minimalist wrote:
IF he did find some hard proof of Pre columbus activity by Europeans or others, won't THE CLUB try hard to keep it from seeing the light of day or some other nefarious things?

They usually try to kill stuff by ignoring it....or sending out the character assassins to try to equate it to Atlantis or some other such "pseudo-science" (their favorite word.)

This isn't the thing off the Massachusetts coast or something where people dug into a pit only to find the pit flooding because of some alleged booby trap, is it? I saw something on History's Mysteries or something similar about this.

Hey min what is the massachussetts thing? I want to look that one up!
clubs_stink

Postby Minimalist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:27 pm

Would a pirate go to that much trouble?

No.

Pirates steal stuff from other people who might go to that much trouble, though.

Pirates/privateers were active for centuries in the Carribean. Spanish armaments/armor would have been a major factor in booty.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Rokcet Scientist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:50 pm

Minimalist wrote:
Spanish armaments/armor would have been a major factor in booty.

As might Mexican or Incan artefacts, symbols and relics.
But hardly Jewish ones!
Rokcet Scientist

Postby Minimalist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:13 pm

Christians copied lots of OT stuff....if that's what it is.

Recall that archaeology has never found anything called a "Seal of Solomon."

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Next

Return to Archived Discussion Forum