Gobekli tepi, Comet Impact, and the Younger Dryas

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Re: Gobekli tepi, Comet Impact, and the Younger Dryas

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sat May 06, 2017 11:08 am

Tiompan wrote:
E.P. Grondine wrote:Perhaps that is why everyone at Gobekli Tepe wanted to get drunk.

If indeed beer was brewed at the site, and it is by no means certain, feasting seems the more likely explanation .

No doubt that Collins , Hancock and the Edinburgh team were drunk on their fantasies.

Good afternoon, tiompan -

If you read the Edinburg team's statements,
Hancock's book played no role in their undertaking their study,
while Collins' book did.

The Holocene Start Impact Events have now been demonstrated by very hard evidence;
so if anyone is living in a fantasy world, it is you yourself.

I know that is tough to accept,
and as a matter of fact, it took me over fifteen years.
When Edward Teller began speaking about the impact hazard,
I dismissed him as a nuclear physicist trying to find work.

Oh well. we all make mistakes.
It is what we do next that counts.
Usually people believe what they want to believe until reality intrudes.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Sat May 06, 2017 11:26 am

E.P. Grondine wrote:
"If you read the Edinburg team's statements,
Hancock's book played no role in their undertaking their study,
while Collins' book did."
The common denominator is that they have all written nonsense about GT .

"The Holocene Start Impact Events have now been demonstrated by very hard evidence"
Whether they have or not has nothing to do with the fantasies propogated by the above .
If I have said something that is fantastical , quote it .
As I do when you talk rubbish .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sun May 07, 2017 8:14 am

Tiompan wrote:Whether they have or not has nothing to do with the fantasies propogated by the above .

Ah, but the Holocene Start Impact Events have been proved,
and the impacting comet formed a major part of the environment at the time the structures at Gobekli Tepe were built and in use.

Why was such a massive effort be put into these structures?
Can we determine anything about their use from their layouts?
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Sun May 07, 2017 8:58 am

E.P. Grondine wrote:
Ah, but the Holocene Start Impact Events have been proved,

As I said "Whether they have or not has nothing to do with the fantasies propogated by the above . "

"the impacting comet formed a major part of the environment at the time the structures at Gobekli Tepe were built and in use."
Where is the evidence for any major impact in the area (say a radius of 100 miles) of GT at the time just before it was built ?

"Why was such a massive effort be put into these structures? "

Conspicuous construction of major is a relatively common feature of later periods , long after any putative connection to comets and impacts .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sun May 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Tiompan wrote:win pillars
E.P. Grondine wrote:"Why was such a massive effort be put into these structures? "

Conspicuous construction of major is a relatively common feature of later periods, long after any putative connection to comets and impacts .

Again, tiompan, the production of fast neutrons in large hyper-velocity impacts has been proved.
Those fast neutrons result in massive carbon 14 production, which makes absolute date correlation incredibly difficult.

Yes, people do not need much of an excuse to engage in "conspicuous consumption" and consupicuous constrruction",
as can be seen every year in March in New Orleans.

About the only thing I will claim is that based on the inscriptions,
the central twin pillars played a large role in how the people viewed those structures at that time.

I will discuss the Edinburg teams' work on Gobekli Tepe with my archaeo astronomer, Fletcher Wilson,
and get back to you in a month or so.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Sun May 07, 2017 11:38 pm

E.P. Grondine wrote:
the production of fast neutrons in large hyper-velocity impacts has been proved.
Those fast neutrons result in massive carbon 14 production, which makes absolute date correlation incredibly difficult. "

Again EP , whether true or otherwise " they have nothing to do with the fantasies propogated by the above . "

"Yes, people do not need much of an excuse to engage in "conspicuous consumption" and consupicuous constrruction",
as can be seen every year in March in New Orleans."
There is no conspicuous construction during Mardi Gras that compares with the prehistoric examples .

"I will discuss the Edinburg teams' work on Gobekli Tepe with my archaeo astronomer, Fletcher Wilson,
and get back to you in a month or so. "
The archaeoastronomical errors amongst the other rubbish was mentioned here after a moment or so of having read it .
Further tedious trawling through the garbage will undoubtedly produce more along the same lines , it's hardly difficult or time consuming .
Odd that neither you nor Fletcher have found any of the errors in Collins' astronomical nonsense either . I wonder why .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Mon May 08, 2017 7:41 am

Good morning, tiompan -

Tiompan wrote:
E.P. Grondine wrote:
the production of fast neutrons in large hyper-velocity impacts has been proved.
Those fast neutrons result in massive carbon 14 production, which makes absolute date correlation incredibly difficult. "

Again EP , whether true or otherwise " they have nothing to do with the fantasies propogated by the above . "

E.P. Grondine wrote:Yes, people do not need much of an excuse to engage in "conspicuous consumption" or "consupicuous construction",
as can be seen every year in March in New Orleans."

There is no conspicuous construction during Mardi Gras that compares with the prehistoric examples .

The floats and constumes take a lot of work.
My Gosh you are so cranky, you will not even allow me to agree with you.
If you did not know PPN-B so well, I doubt if I'd put up with it.

[quote="E.P. Grondine]
"I will discuss the Edinburg teams' work on Gobekli Tepe with my archaeo astronomer, Fletcher Wilson,
and get back to you in a month or so. "
[/quote]

[quote=tiompan]
The archaeoastronomical errors amongst the other rubbish was mentioned here after a moment or so of having read it .
Further tedious trawling through the garbage will undoubtedly produce more along the same lines, it's hardly difficult or time consuming.
Odd that neither you nor Fletcher have found any of the errors in Collins' astronomical nonsense either. I wonder why .
[/quote]

Fletcher and myself have a massive amount of work to do, none of which involves Gobekli Tepe.
For example, see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFlFRL ... 3s&index=5

As a matter of fact, we have never discussed Gobeklii Tepe.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am

[quote="E.P. Grondine"]
"The floats and constumes take a lot of work."

Nowhere in the same league as early examples of conspicuous construction .

Odd that neither you nor Fletcher have found any of the errors in Collins' astronomical nonsense either. I wonder why .

"As a matter of fact, we have never discussed Gobeklii Tepe."

Lol . Have a look at the subject of this thread ,never mind the others where you have waffled on about the site and it's "astronomy" .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Thu May 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Tiompan wrote:
E.P. Grondine wrote:
"The floats and constumes take a lot of work."

Nowhere in the same league as early examples of conspicuous construction .

"As a matter of fact, we have never discussed Gobeklii Tepe."

Lol . Have a look at the subject of this thread ,never mind the others where you have waffled on about the site and it's "astronomy" .

Hi tiompan -

Fletcher has not looked at Gobekli Tepe at all.
I read Collins' book, and it is pretty good.
That is not to say I endorse his findings; just that he works hard as a writer.
The fact that you personally can not handle that the Holocene Start Impact Events occurred is not my problem.
If we bother to take time to make an assessment, I'll let you know.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 am

E.P. Grondine wrote:
"I read Collins' book, and it is pretty good.
That is not to say I endorse his findings; just that he works hard as a writer."

And could try harder ,very much harder . I pointed out where your previous endorsements of his "findings " were in error ,good to see that you finally may have understood .

"The fact that you personally can not handle that the Holocene Start Impact Events occurred is not my problem."

Read what I have said about these events and if you can find anything that is in error provide the quote .
The fact that you you won't and that you fail to appreciate ( for the umpteenth time ) " whether true or otherwise " they have nothing to do with the fantasies propogated by the above . "
Is not my problem
Tiompan

Postby circumspice » Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 pm

@E.P.

I'm curious... Why have you chosen this forum as a repository for your research?

Why haven't you started your own forum & posted that vast amount of data there?

Wouldn't it make more sense to post on a forum dedicated to impacts?

Wouldn't a forum dedicated exclusively to impacts attract like minded researchers & establish a public dialog?

This is an archaeological forum, your research is only tangentially related to the subject of archaeology...
LUCEO NON URO
circumspice

Postby Minimalist » Fri May 12, 2017 7:57 pm

I would like to see a peer reviewed paper on these alleged Holocene Start Impacts.

And then I would like to see a review of that paper!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby shawomet » Sat May 13, 2017 4:45 pm

circumspice wrote:@E.P.

I'm curious... Why have you chosen this forum as a repository for your research?

Why haven't you started your own forum & posted that vast amount of data there?

Wouldn't it make more sense to post on a forum dedicated to impacts?

Wouldn't a forum dedicated exclusively to impacts attract like minded researchers & establish a public dialog?

This is an archaeological forum, your research is only tangentially related to the subject of archaeology...

I don't know if he still does, but E.P. was very active on meteorite central's meteorite mailing list, for years I believe. I subscribed to that mailing list for quite awhile, as a meteorite collector, and he posted his ideas quite a bit. One thing most meteorite collectors get into, in order to best appreciate their collections, is planetary geology. Without understanding the basics there, the specimens themselves don't provide the intellectual stimulation otherwise. Although people collect them for various reasons. But I knew few collectors that did not try to keep up with the branches of meteoritics that yield info on the formation of the solar system, etc. The petrology, the chemistry(my great weakness), etc. And the presence of iridium at the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary, and now platinum at the Younger Dryas start is reasonable evidence for an impact event. I don't know if the Clovis era impact is proven, I see it go back and forth, but understanding the greater concentration of platinum in meteoritic samples, and the possibility that what platinum that is found on Earth was very likely delivered by impacts early in the Earth's history, its presence at the boundary of the Younger Dryas does lead one to at least suspect an impact event occurred at that time.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 100455.htm
Last edited by shawomet on Sat May 13, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shawomet

Postby shawomet » Sat May 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Minimalist wrote:I would like to see a peer reviewed paper on these alleged Holocene Start Impacts.

This is just a summary of such a paper, so you would need to reference the original article. This may have already been posted to archaeologica.org, I'm not certain. At any rate, you can dig deeper from here. This is just the most recent study in favor of the impact hypothesis.

https://phys.org/news/2017-03-discovery ... eople.html

Well, actually, the phys.org article did provide a link to the original paper:

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep44031

And supplementary information:

https://www.nature.com/article-assets/n ... 031-s1.pdf
shawomet

Postby shawomet » Sat May 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Minimalist wrote:I would like to see a peer reviewed paper on these alleged Holocene Start Impacts.

And a somewhat earlier study...

At the bottom of this first page are links to a number of peer reviewed papers on this subject. The same is true of the paper I linked to in my previous post, links to many peer reviewed articles on the subject of these impacts.

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/32/E4344

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/32/E4344.full

PDF with supplementary information:

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/32/E434 ... ith-ds=yes
shawomet

PreviousNext

Return to Old World