93 Miles long and 3 feet high?

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

93 Miles long and 3 feet high?

Postby Minimalist » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:01 pm

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Re: 93 Miles long and 3 feet high?

Postby Sam Salmon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:52 pm

For a clue look @ who those people were-pastoralists - those who's lives revolve around herding animals.
Sam Salmon

Postby Minimalist » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:35 am

Yes, but that would be one big corral, Sam.

Maybe it was an early WPA project?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Sam Salmon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Minimalist wrote:Yes, but that would be one big corral...

Not a corral but a fence to stop semi domesticated herds from wandering in the 'wrong' direction.
Sam Salmon

Postby Minimalist » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Could be but it seems like that should be the herder's job. That just seems like a tremendous undertaking to keep sheep from shitting on the wrong side of a border.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Springhead » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:48 am

From a layman's perch I would question the effectiveness of a three foot tall barrier keeping in almost any domestic animal. I would look toward a long standing boundary that was important but would allow animals to cross it as needed. Maybe some type of spiritual designation?
Springhead

Postby circumspice » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:59 pm

More likely either a territorial designation or maybe something to cause a herd of animals to change their direction of travel while fleeing humans who hunt them... Sort of a crude, one sided chute to direct animals toward hidden hunters???
LUCEO NON URO
circumspice

Postby Minimalist » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Lots of clans/tribes put up markers...almost totems, if you would to denote their territory. Building a continuous wall seems like a lot of work.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Sam Salmon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Springhead wrote:From a layman's perch I would question the effectiveness of a three foot tall barrier keeping in almost any domestic animal.

Sheep in particular were a lot smaller back then.
Sam Salmon

Postby Minimalist » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:58 pm

There's probably a great joke there, Sam, but I'm going to let it slide.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Return to Old World