Skull Cult at Gobekli Tepe?

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Re: Skull Cult at Gobekli Tepe?

Postby circumspice » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:30 pm

E.P. Grondine wrote:
shawomet wrote:Not for nothing, but your definition of a henge is incorrect. Rather, the definition is exactly as Tiompan rendered it. We should at least agree on something that basic. Maybe the term has been corrupted over the years and loosely applied to stone or wooden post circles, but that does not make it correct.

Hi shawomet -

If you want to be understood by the masses, try changing your professional definition to the one used by them. 8)

So EP... Does this mean that you're talking down to the Great Unwashed? Sounds a bit snobbish & arrogant to me.
LUCEO NON URO
circumspice

Postby Tiompan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:56 am

circumspice wrote:
E.P. Grondine wrote:
shawomet wrote:Not for nothing, but your definition of a henge is incorrect. Rather, the definition is exactly as Tiompan rendered it. We should at least agree on something that basic. Maybe the term has been corrupted over the years and loosely applied to stone or wooden post circles, but that does not make it correct.

Hi shawomet -

If you want to be understood by the masses, try changing your professional definition to the one used by them. 8)

So EP... Does this mean that you're talking down to the Great Unwashed? Sounds a bit snobbish & arrogant to me.

Considering he used the same wrong definition here ,regularly , he was either talking down to us , or as is really the case , he got it wrong and the above is only another evasion .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:58 pm

I will continue to use "henge" as it is popularly understood:

Henge = a large stone or wooden post set in astronomical alignment.

As in the "woodhenge" at Cahokia, etc.

I do not know if I will even footnote your objections to the use of the word "henge" in this way. 8)

Finally, the central pillars in the enclosures at Gobekli Tepe appear to be henges,
as is shown on the inscribed plaque.
But we'll have to see if this holds with the recovery of more artifacts.
When more are found, we can return to this discussion then. :evil: :twisted:
Usually people believe what they want to believe until reality intrudes.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:12 am

You use what ever definition you like ,if you happen to be discussing henges with anyone with any knowledge of the subject anywhere ,including in the US ,you will either cause confusion or be corrected , if you stick to your wilfully ignorant definition .

We appreciate that you are incapable of accepting facts that don't fit into your world view ,and we can't teach an old dog new tricks ,or as it appears even old tricks .

Simply ,your definition is wrong .
It has actually become even more wrong . The central pillars at GT are obviously not henges .That is yet another of your fantasies .
Even the alt nuts wouldn't make such an error .
Look at the pics .The plaques do no not show "pillars" , your fantasy is based on approx nine light incisions ,which could be interpreted as anything you like .
Tiompan

Previous

Return to Old World